Habitat for Heroes is our national initiative to provide housing solutions, volunteer and employment opportunities to U.S. veterans, military service members and their families. We partner with numerous sponsors to provide decent, affordable housing for our deserving veterans. Habitat for Humanity Greater Peoria completed our first Habitat for Heroes Build in 2014!
The Veterans Build mission is focused on these five areas:
- Build: Provide simple, decent and affordable housing solutions for military, veterans and their families.
- Mobilize: Engage military members, veterans, families, veterans’ groups and all military supporters in volunteer programs and veteran-related advocacy.
- Employ: Capitalize on skill sets gained from military service with recruitment targeting veterans as Habitat for Humanity International/local affiliate employees, board members and extended volunteers, national service members, interns and fellows.
- Educate: Promote cultural competency for Habitat affiliates engaging military and veterans and provide access to financial literacy and homeownership education programs.
- Honor: Host regular slate of events highlighting veteran housing needs and honoring their service. Target dates include the 9/11 Day of Service, MLK Day and Veterans Day.
In order to help our military families, we have to raise a certain amount of money in order to purchase our materials. If you or anyone you know would be willing to partner with us to help provide these necessary materials, please contact Lea Anne at 309 676-6729 ext. 6.
Click here for our Sample Material List